- Posted on May 31, 2015
Good airflow is essential to the function of Central A/C. The most frequent problems are caused by poor airflow. As such, here are a few things to check before you flip the switch.
- Replace your furnace filter with a high quality pleated on a regular basis. Depending on several factors such as the cleanliness of your home and ducts, and the efficiency of the filter you purchase, that can mean anywhere from 3 â€“ 6 times per year.
- Keep the area around your Condenser (outside) unit clean and free of debris. Over the fall and winter months leaves and other junk can pile up around your condenser and impede its ability to disperse heat. You can really make your life easy buy purchasing a cover to put on in the fall.
- While cleaning around your condenser, make sure the fins aren't bent. If they are they can be straightened with a fin comb. If they are extremely damaged, call a professional like Burmac Mechanical.
- Ensure you blower coil is cleaned on a year basis. Buildup of dust in the coil can limit the ability the ability of your system to cool your home properly.
- If you notice any unusual noises, poor cooling, weak airflow, odors, Ice building up, or frequent starts or stops, please call Burmac Mechanical to schedule repairs or maintenance.